Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Dads Are Important Aswell ♥

Fathers just like mothers are often unprepared for the frightening experience of having a premature baby in the NICU. I don't mean this in a bad way but most of the attention and focus on the birth of a premature baby is usually and mainly just at the mother and the baby, I mean there's been loads of times when we've had visitors and they've said to me ''Oh how are you and Alfie?'' yet Daniel is in the same room and even sitting there and they don't even ask him how he is feeling or is he is ''OK''...it really peeves me because yes it is stressful for me  but it's also stressful for Daniel too I mean he is Alfie's dad after all.

I think there is more pressure on a father because they feel it is their duty to stay strong for the sake of the mother and the baby but they have a key role to play. Daniel admitted to me during the first 24 hours of Alfie's life he felt ''out of the loop'' and angry because he felt as if he had no control over what had happened and what was going to happen to our little boy. Daniel has been so optimistic, there have been a few ups and downs but he's held it together had has stayed strong I mean one of us has to for Alfie's sake and with my emotions being all over the place, he's had to be a shoulder to cry on, there have been days where it's felt a bit too much and I've literally just burst into tears and he's held me and told me everything is going to be OK and he also still has to work which means he doesn't get to spend as much time with Alfie as I get to obviously because I've still not been discharged yet and also he is a teacher and he works full time and he can't exactly not go to work because now we actually have a baby we will need the money but when he does come to the hospital which I may add is everyday after work he does cherish every single minute with his son. 

I just love these 2 gorgeous guys!

♥

2 comments:

  1. I think fathers play the most important part, they have to keep it together and be strong to support us. When i was in labour Craig said he felt helpless. They've just become new parents too so just asking how mother and baby is, is abit naive in my opinion. Its life changing for all off you.

    Sorry for the constant stream of comments i just agree totally with what your saying :)

    I love father and son photos :) makes you melt doesnt it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you Victoria! people seem to think that just because they didn't actually carry or give birth to the baby that they aren't as important as the mother.

      I love them too, it's soo adorable he's such a proud daddy hehe just like I'm sure your Craig is too :D.

      xxx

      Delete