Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, 12 August 2012

One Week Old ♥

It still feels soo weird that Alfie is actually here because I can't help but think that he should of still been in my tummy for another 5 weeks kicking and punching away. The past 7 days have been the most magical 7 days in our entire lives but there have also been a few ups and downs however Alfie continues to fight on and get stronger each day, he makes me and his daddy the proudest parents alive.


 The first week of being a family has been a bit of a blur if I'm honest and has been pretty much full of attempting to breastfeed, cards, balloons, visitors, very sore stitches :(, consultants and lack of sleep.

 The consultant is very pleased with the progress Alfie is making, he is finally starting to gain a bit more weight and his jaundice is starting to slowly go away. Afie  has been much more alert during the past couple of days too he now likes to look at our faces when we sit with him Unfortunately though Alfie has picked up an infection and has to be given antibiotics via a drip in his hand, the naughty nurse missed the very first time and he let out a little whine but then when she actually got it into his vein properly he squealed and I actually burst into tears. His cord hasn't fallen off yet but I'm sure it will when it's ready, I hope it's soon though because it's smelly...I've been asked if I want to keep it? Ugh hell no! haha.

Me and his daddy still can't believe how lucky we both are. I still can't believe I'm actually a mummy. Family and friends have truely been amazing and soo supportive, something tells me our little boy will be a very spoiled little prince but hey he bloomin' deserves it, I'm such an emotional mess at the moment and everytime I look at his beautiful little face I literally start to well up.

7 days later and we are still 100% in love with our little boy. He is absolutely perfect and we both love the newest addition to our family more than words can say! Also Alfie may even be able to come home at the end of the month so fingers crossed!

♥

3 comments:

  1. He's beautiful hun :D Hope your all well. Just rest as much as you can and enjoy him :)

    oooh no one warned me about the stinky cord, & i kept it in the keepsake box..weirdo that i am ;)

    Hugs from my little family to yours xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you hunny he's amazing in every single way possible, still can't believe how lucky we are to be honest :).

      Oh it's horrible isn't it? I've decided I will actually keep it now, I'll get it out on his 18th birthday and embaress him, god knows what our little keep sake boxes will smell like in years to come eh? haha yuck.

      xxxx

      Delete
  2. Look how little he is he is beautiful hunn :D xxxxx

    ReplyDelete