Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Things I've learnt Since Becoming A Mummy

1. Dressing your baby in white clothing should be avoided, let's be honest those with children will agree with me when I say this as babies do NOT and I repeat NOT stay clean, you know what actually I take that back, the colour white in general should be avoided whether it be in your home on walls, carpets, towels, your own clothing the list goes on. 2. Cherish every single moment you spend with your baby. Have you ever heard the expression ''Babies never stay babies for long'', well I agree with that phrase 100%. It doesn't seem that long ago I found out I was pregnant with Alfie, I remember going for my first scan when I was only 8 weeks and now my beautiful prince is 6 months old god it scares me. It's a mummy's job to take 109392849834+ photos of our child each day and to be honest you will be glad you did in years to come. 3. You DO get used to not sleeping through the night and functioning on less than 6 (sometimes even less) hours sleep. I used to always think that only newborns woke during the night, oh how wrong was I.... Alfie has had good weeks and bad weeks and sad but true I am used to only getting a maximum of 6 hours sleep. 4. It's impossible to ''Nap when baby naps''. I live with my boyfriend and unfortunately he has to go to work for 10 hours each day 5 days a week and when he isn't working we go out on family days out, visit family and friends etc, we have our own place which means there is always housework to do, then I have to prepare dinner, then I have cook dinner, then I have to make time to have a quick shower before Alfie wakes up, the list goes on and on...and on...... 5. Mummy's hair is far better than any toy that Alfie already has. 6. No matter how tired you are or what time in the morning it is or even if you are in a foul mood, seeing your baby's beautiful face smiling at you will instantly make your heart melt and make you instantly feel 10000x better and is by far the best feeling in the entire world.

1 comment: