Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, 20 September 2012

Oh How Time Flys By


Today it is the 20th of September which originally should of been our son Alfie's due date.
I can't believe that six weeks ago today I was in theatre having  an emergency c-section and our beautiful baby took his very first breath and entered the world and me and Daniel became parents.
 The first 24 hours of Alfie's life were absolutely terrifying for me and his daddy and such an emotional rollercoaster for us both. Me and Daniel were told to expect the worst because he probaly wasn't going to make it through the night due to his lungs not being developed enough, in no way at all am I a religious person but I remember sitting holding his tiny hand whilst he lay in his incubator asking God to look after him and to let him pull through.

Our beautiful son proved the doctors wrong and continued to fight and six weeks later he is now home with mummy and daddy. Daniel was holding Alfie last night and said to me ''Nicki how on earth did we live without him?'' I have to say I agree with him completely. Me and Daniel had sadly lost two precious little peanuts in 2011 :( and I thought that that being a a parent just wasn't meant to be but now I'm mummy to the most beautiful little boy I have ever laid my eyes on. I look at his beautiful little face and I well up knowing he has come so far since the 5th of August.





No comments:

Post a Comment